Apple AirPods or Beats? Do you have an unwavering allegiance to one brand or the other? Perhaps! Here’s our take on the Apple AirPods vs Beats debate.
Apple Airpods Vs Beats: Which is Better?
Apple AirPods are quite popular. Look around you the next time you’re out on your commute, or out shopping. You’ll start seeing these guys everywhere! Granted, people look a little funny talking to themselves, with no device in sight but we suppose it comes with the territory!
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- AirPods sense when they are in your ears and function accordingly, starting when you put them in, stopping when you take them out, and allowing you to listen with one or both at will
- One-tap setup for all your Apple devices.
- Quick access to Siri with a double tap
- Recognises when you are speaking, and filters out external noise to focus on the dulcet tones of your voice
- AirPods provide rich, high-quality AAC audio.
- More than 24hr. of battery life with charging case
- Up to 5hr. of battery life on one charge
- 15min. of charging equals 3 hours of battery life
The AirPods equivalent in the Beats world is the Beats X. They offer a hassle-free wireless connection to your devices. Simply turn the power on and hold them near your iPhone – they can also sync with your Apple Watch, iPad and Mac. Bluetooth Class 1 technology provides a clear and reliable connection.
Passive noise-isolating: Yes
Active noise-cancelling: No
Volume control: Yes
Remote control: Yes
Control compatibility: iPhone
Requires batteries: Yes, internal
Requires charging: Yes
Charging time: Fast Fuel provides up to 2 hours playback from a 5-minute charge
Battery life: Up to 8 hours
These earphones are only compatible with Apple. AirPods work with other devices, though you won’t be able to utilize Siri or a few other options. What can come in handy for techies who also do lots of cardio and HIIT, is the cord–at least you won’t accidentally lose an AirPod or crush it.
On the other hand, we also appreciate Apple’s charging case, it really helps in between workouts and work sessions. We’re going to say it, we prefer the Apple AirPods.