Are you more of a traditionalist when it comes to accessories? If you are, you likely have strong feelings about smartwatches. Smartwatches can do a lot: alert you to calls and messages, tell you the weather, remind you of your calendar obligations, provide health data and more. Some may think that is a bit too smart for a gadget that supposed to tell you the time. Times have changed! Here’s our list of the 3 best smartwatches for men this year.
3 Best Smartwatches For Men in 2018
In no particular order:
Suggested retail price: £399
- Super cellular: Even when you’re away from your iPhone, you can still stay connected thanks to your Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular. Thanks to Apple’s clever design, you can make calls or send text directly from your watch.
- Great GPS: The handy, built-in GPS measures your workout accurately, so whether you’re going for a swim, run or a ride, you can leave your iPhone at home. Distance, speed and pace are all precisely recorded for you, ready for when you get back home to review your route on your iPhone.
- Healthy hearts: No matter if you’re walking, resting running or swimming, Apple Watch Series 3 will measure your heart rate, thanks to its enhanced heart rate monitor. Utilising this information, your Apple Watch Series 3 will estimate just how many calories you’ve burned and will helpfully inspire you to move a little more.
- Keep time: Apple Watch is an incredibly accurate timepiece, designed to sync with your iPhone and give you the time accurate to within 5 milliseconds.
- Excellent assistant: Apple Watch Series 3 features a new S3 dual-core chip to helpfully provide you with faster app performance and smoother animations. You can connect your Apple Watch inspired workouts to compatible cardio equipment, thanks to Apple’s GymKit technology.
- GPS: The Apple Watch Series 3 GPS lets you send and receive text messages, answer telephone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.
- Battery life: Up to 18 hours
The Apple Watch is great for serial Apple users as it integrates seamlessly with all things Apple. If you want to be connected, this smartwatch is for you.
Suggested Retail Price: £349
- Looks and feels like a traditional watch, with the Frontier holding true to classic ‘adventure’ styles. However, with a twist of the bezel, or press of the crown or a tap of the crystal, the Gear s3 comes alive.
- Always On display makes discreet and effective use of the S3’s 1.3” AMOLED display, with the ability to transform your watch face at a whim…15 preloaded watchface designs and more available to download from the App Store mean that you are able to switch your watchface as you switch your attire, or even design your own Always On display for an even more personalised accessory.
- Access your apps, music, calls, and messages with an effortless twist of the durable, premium, stainless steel circular bezel – appropriate both for daily use and hardwearing enough to keep pace, and form, on your all adventures.
- Compatible with any standard 22mm band, customising the strap is as easy as making calls on the go will be with the new Gear S3.
- Battery life: only needs to be charged every few days.
The Samsung Gear S3 is for the traditionalist, adventurist and on the low tech lover!
We’ve written about FitBits before. We really do love them! There are several to choose from. Fitbits are excellent smart fitness watches. There are an array of models to choose from starting at £99 for the simplest model. Fitbits are great for setting and holding yourself accountable to your daily step goals and overall workout activity goals. For minimalists, the simplest Fitbit Model is the Fitbit Alta.
- All-Day Activity – steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hourly activity & stationary time
- Auto Sleep Tracking
- Reminders to Move
- SmartTrack™Auto Exercise Recognition
- Tap Display
- Call, Text & Calendar Alerts + FitBit App for Android/Windows/iOS
- Battery Life – up to 5 days
- Bluetooth Enabled
- See notifications for calls, calendar events or texts & send quick replies
- Colour touchscreen
- Access to certain Fitbit integrated apps
- Built-in GPS
- Store and play 300+ songs… and much more!
The Fitbit product line offers flexibility and versatility based on your needs. With a range of products, the Fitbit is suited for all levels of fitness prowess and focuses primarily on fitness and health.
FitBit smartwatch products are perfect for exercise gurus who are driven by data!
Those are our takes on the 3 best smartwatches for men (women and children) this year. It really comes down to what you value in your smartwatch: apps and integration? plugged-in but not fully? fitness-driven? Whichever, we’ve got you covered!