Smart home technology has exploded over the past few years. Reminiscent of the “Back to the Future” film series (we just finished a marathon of I, II and III), smart home devices are all the rage! How can you make your home lighting smarter? Read on for a few of our favourite smart home lighting products.
Smart Home Lighting Products: Make Your Home Smarter
This is a good place to start. This kit opens up so many lighting possibilities. Gone are the days are restrictive lightbulbs that only come in white, bright white, day bright and the like. Remember when dimmable light bulbs came onto the market? This is much more sophisticated! With the Philips Hue Starter Kit you can:
- Play with over 16 million colours to get the best mood lighting for your room
- Sync lights with music, movies, and video gaming
- Control via your iOS or Android devices
- Program lighting for specific activities
- Use with Alexa, Apple Homekit, and Google Assistant
For more details, check out our review here!
This LED kit is especially great if you are utilising it for its full potential. Experiment with colours and bring out your inner designer and customise your interior lighting in a snap.
- Connect up to 30 Light Panels on one Controller
- Color any room with over 16 million shades to choose from
- Customize your Light Panels with the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App or the Home App in iOS10
- Also controllable with the manual Controller and voice control (Siri, OK Google or Amazon Alexa)
- Take a look at the Nanoleaf Rhythm Module (£49); it upgrades your Nanoleaf Light Panels into a real-time music visualizer and makes it possible to see sound, visually remastering your music into animated displays of colour and light.
- Wide 240 degrees beam angle – reduces shadowing
- Dimmable with no flicker smart light bulbs, you control from your mobile, tablet and laptop, anytime and anywhere
- Helps save energy by letting you turn your lights on and off from your mobile, tablet or laptop
- The Hive Hub connects all your Hive devices so you can control them from your mobile, tablet or laptop
- Once you have the Hive Hub you can simply buy and pair additional Hive products and control them all from the Hive app
- Hive Smart Lights are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.